hive-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject What is hive doing wrong?
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 02:08:50 GMT
Over the past few months I have seen Spark through around a couple times.

https://github.com/mesos/spark

You know what strikes me as odd. Not once has spark EVER been
mentioned on this mailing list! (To my knowledge). This is something
similar to HadoopDB.

I mean it is open source and all so no one is obligated to tell us
they are doing a fork or anything like that, but you would think that
since hive is open to new contributions someone would say,  "hey hive
guys what do you think? Check this out? Isn't it cool. Want to make it
part of hive?"

So are we not making the project cool enough? Do we need a new logo :)
Or move the project to github or something? :)