hive-user mailing list archives

From shashwat shriparv <dwivedishash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hive failed execution error return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mapredtask
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 15:09:08 GMT
For this error : "
*java.sql.SQLException: Query returned non-zero code: 9, cause: FAILED:
Execution Error, return code 2 from
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.executeQuer* "

Go to this link :
http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/DeveloperGuide/UsingEMR_Hive.html

and add

hadoop-0.20-core.jar
hive/lib/hive-exec-0.7.1.jar
hive/lib/hive-jdbc-0.7.1.jar
hive/lib/hive-metastore-0.7.1.jar
hive/lib/hive-service-0.7.1.jar
hive/lib/libfb303.jar
lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar
slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar

to the class path of your project , add this jars from the lib of hadoop
and hive, and try the code. and also add the path of hadoop, hive, and
hbase(if your are using) lib folder path to the project class path, like
you have added the jars.

and for the second error you got

type

netstat -nl | grep 10000

if it shows something means hive server is already running. the second
error comes only when the port you are specifying is already acquired by
some other proces, by default server port is 10000 so very with the above
netstat command which i said.

Note : suppose you have connected using code exit from ... bin/hive    of
if you are connected through bin/hive > then code will not connect because
i think (not sure) only one client can connect to the hive server.

do above steps hopefully will solve your problem.

Regards

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

--