hive-user mailing list archives

From Maoz Gelbart <Maoz.Gelb...@pursway.com>
Subject GenericUdf and Jdbc issues
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 12:35:22 GMT
Hi all,

I am using Hive 0.7.1 over Cloudera's Hadoop distribution 0.20.2 and MapR hdfs distribution
1.1.1.
I wrote a GenericUDF packaged as a Jar that attempts to open a local resource during its initialization
at initialize(ObjectInspector[] arguments) command.

When I run with the CLI, everything is fine.
When I run using Cloudera's Hive-JDBC driver, The UDF fails with null pointer returned from
the command this.getResourceAsStream(filename).
Removing the line fixed the problem and the UDF ran on both CLI and Jdbc, so I believe that
"ADD JAR" and "CREATE TEMPORARY FUNCTION" were entered correctly.

Did anyone observe such a behavior? I have a demo Jar to reproduce the problem if needed.

Thanks,
Maoz