hive-user mailing list archives

From Mark Grover <mgro...@oanda.com>
Subject Re: FAILED: Execution Error, return code -101 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 13:58:59 GMT
Re-sending this since I didn't get a response. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
Mark

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Grover" <mgrover@oanda.com>
To: user@hive.apache.org
Sent: Monday, May 7, 2012 5:03:02 PM
Subject: FAILED: Execution Error, return code -101 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask

Hi all,
I wanted to see if anyone has seen this error before:
Query returned non-zero code: 9, cause: FAILED: Execution Error, return code -101 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask;
nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Query returned non-zero code: 9, cause: FAILED:
Execution Error, return code -101 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask

I issued the query (that failed) from a Java client using Hive JDBC driver. There was already
a Hive query running on the cluster that was issued from the Hive CLI. The queries are correct
and I have ran them separately without any problem.

To me, it seems like a timeout error which happens when the query issued through the JDBC
driver doesn't get scheduled in a stipulated amount of time. Has anyone seen a similar error
before? How did you fix it?

Thank you in advance,
Mark

OANDA Corporation