hive-user mailing list archives

From Ruben de Vries <ruben.devr...@hyves.nl>
Subject JOIN + LATERAL VIEW works, but + MAPJOIN and no longer get any results
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 09:30:02 GMT
Okay first off; I know JOIN + LATERAL VIEW together isn't working so I moved my JOIN into a
subquery and that makes the query work properly

However when I added a MAPJOIN hint for the JOIN in the subquery it will also stop doing the
reducer for the main query!
This only happens when there's a LATERAL VIEW in there though, if I remove the LATERAL VIEW
then the main query still get's a reducer to do grouping

Here's a gist: https://gist.github.com/2499436 Containing the queries and a PHP script which
you can run to execute the test case I'm using, which does;
* setup a database called hive_mapjoin
* setup tables
* load some test data
* do the selects

You'll need the https://github.com/rcongiu/Hive-JSON-Serde/downloads json-serde-1.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
with it though and change the path
I guess looking at the queries you guys can probally figure out a better testcase, but maybe
it's helpful

Not sure if this is a bug or me doing something that just isn't supposed to be working, but
I can't seem to find any pointers that this wouldn't be supported...

Here's another gist with the plan.xml: https://gist.github.com/2499658

I've also created a ticket in JIRA but it doesn't seem to get any attention at all: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2992

Greetz, Ruben de Vries