hive-user mailing list archives

From buddhika chamith <chamibuddh...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting CNF during map reduce execution
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 17:12:40 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to use hive inside an OSGi enviornment. So far I faced several
OSGi issues in hive and some issues related to JDO implementation used
(datanucleaus) under the OSGi enviornemnt and was able to overcome them.
However when I run a query involving a map reduce operation I am getting a
ClassNotFound exception from hadoop side. (Hadoop is running in pseudo
distributed mode in the local machine).

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.HadoopShimsSecure$NullOutputCommitter
	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:898)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf.getOutputCommitter(JobConf.java:613)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Task.initialize(Task.java:492)

I think this is probably due to some jar/ resource not being bundled
properly in to the deployed archive to Hadoop. Would some one be able to
explain a bit of how the job submission part from Hive to Hadoop works and
any possible reason for this behaviour? Any pointers to look in to the code
is also appreciated.

Regards
Buddhika