hive-user mailing list archives

From Dilip Joseph <dilip.antony.jos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using the key from a SequenceFile
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:46:30 GMT
An example input format for using SequenceFile keys in hive is at
https://gist.github.com/2421795 .  The code just reverses how the key and
value are accessed in the standard SequenceFileRecordRecorder and
SequenceFileInputFormat that comes with hadoop.

You can use this custom input format by specifying the following when you
create the table:

STORED AS
    INPUTFORMAT 'com.mycompany.SequenceFileKeyInputFormat'

Dilip

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 6:09 AM, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 3:07 AM, Ruben de Vries <ruben.devries@hyves.nl>
> wrote:
> > I’m trying to migrate a part of our current hadoop jobs from normal
> > mapreduce jobs to hive,
> >
> > Previously the data was stored in sequencefiles with the keys containing
> > valueable data!
>
> I think you'll want to define your table using a custom InputFormat
> that creates a virtual row based on both the key and value and then
> use the 'STORED AS INPUTFORMAT ...'
>
> -- Owen

Dilip Antony Joseph
http://csgrad.blogspot.com