hive-user mailing list archives

From Mark Grover <mgro...@oanda.com>
Subject Re: Get current date in hive
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 00:54:26 GMT
Hi Saurabh,
You might want to consider populating the right hand side of this expression
local_dt >= date_sub(to_date(unix_timestamp()), 3)

in the Hive client code that is issuing the Hive query.

Mark

OANDA Corporation

www: oanda.com www: fxtrade.com
e: mgrover@oanda.com

"Best Trading Platform" - World Finance's Forex Awards 2009.
"The One to Watch" - Treasury Today's Adam Smith Awards 2009.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Saurabh S" <saurabhex@live.com>
To: user@hive.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:48:46 PM
Subject: Get current date in hive

Hi,

How do I get the current date in Hive? Specifically, I’m looking for the equivalent of following
SQL where clause:

where LOCAL_DT >= current date - 3 day

I tried using

where local_dt >= date_sub(to_date(unix_timestamp()), 3)

but this method seems to be many times slower than hardcoding the date. local_dt is the local
date and also the partition key for the table.