hive-user mailing list archives

From Ruben de Vries <>
Subject JOIN + LATERAL VIEW + MAPJOIN = no output?!
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:17:18 GMT
Okay first off; so JOIN + LATERAL VIEW together isn't working so I moved my JOIN into a subquery
and that makes the query work properly

However when I added a MAPJOIN hint for the JOIN in the subquery it will also stop doing the
reducer for the main query!
This only happens when there's a LATERAL VIEW in there though, if I remove the LATERAL VIEW
then the main query still get's a reducer to do grouping

Here's a gist:
Containing the queries and a PHP script which you can run to execute the test case;
 - setup a database called hive_mapjoin
 - setup tables
 - load some test data
 - do the selects
You'll need the json-serde-1.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
with it though and change the path ;)

Not sure if this is a bug or me doing something that just isn’t supposed to be working,

Thanks Ruben
View raw message