hive-user mailing list archives

From "ylyy-1985"<ylyy-1...@163.com>
Subject to change hive delimiter->'||'
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:24:20 GMT
hi, all. I see something strange. the defaule delimiter is \001 and I want to change to '||'.
So I just run my command :

CREATE TABLE table1(
channelid INT,serviceno STRING,regid STRING,pageurl STRING,urlext STRING,pagetitle STRING)
ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY '||' stored as textfile;

then I load the txt data(with one record="12||12003||2131||44123||22222||112") into the table,
select * from the table, I see that the 6 fields are filled with

"12","","12003","","2131",""

I think the empty value is "\t",which replace the "||", am I right? I think there is some
other ways to replace the delimiter and make hive work fine(of cause we can overwrite the
inputformat class).

2012-04-13

Best Regards
Andes