hive-user mailing list archives

From Bejoy Ks <bejoy...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to call Shell Script from Hive JDBC
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:45:45 GMT
Bhavesh
      It is definitely possible. If the shell has sqoop and hive queries, better approach
would be warp the hive queries in a file include the following line in your script at the
appropriate position before of after your SQOOP commands.

hive -f 'path/to/file/hivefile.hql'

 To troubleshoot your issue.
- Is the script running from CLI on the same client you are triggering the app?
- Is the commands within the script executing individually on the same client?

Regards
Bejoy KS

________________________________
 From: Bhavesh Shah <bhavesh25shah@gmail.com>
To: user@hive.apache.org; dev@hive.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:52 PM
Subject: How to call Shell Script from Hive JDBC

Hi all,

I have implemented a task in Hive.
But I need to call a Shell Script in which I have written SQOOP commands for
importing the tables in Hive from SQL Server.

I tried to call a Shell Script in one of the Demo Application but as
the Program runs no action taken place. I just see the blank console and a message which I
have printed.
Is it possible to call the Shell Script for importing and exporting the tables in HIve?

Do I need to do something extra in case of Hive?
Please help me out from this.
Thanks.

--
Regards,