hive-user mailing list archives

From binhnt22 <Binhn...@viettel.com.vn>
Subject RE: Re: cannot start the thrift server
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 02:12:48 GMT
Hi ylyy

You should add hadoop-core-*.jar file in hadoop distribution directory into your project

Best regards

Nguyen Thanh Binh (Mr)

From: ylyy-1985 [mailto:ylyy-1985@163.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:04 AM
To: user
Subject: 回复: Re: cannot start the thrift server

thanks Bhavesh, :) but how can I confirm that the server is running? I try to access IP:10000
but without success.

however I try to ignore this and write my client code to try to connect to hive,but error
codes are printed as follows...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration
 at org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.<init>(HiveConnection.java:68)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver.connect(HiveDriver.java:110)
 at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
 at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hive.wyl.HiveTest.main(HiveTest.java:26)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration
 ... 5 more

I add all the libraries in hive to eclipse project. it seems to miss some configuration files,
but I don't know what it is. Can you help me?

thanks..

2012-04-11

  _____

Andes