hive-user mailing list archives

From da...@dandymadeproductions.com
Subject Hive Standalone Server for Development With MyJSQLView
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 16:39:55 GMT
The MyJSQLView project has been considering adding support for Hadoop through
the Hive JDBC for sometime now. I'm sure we could put together a few systems
to configure Hadoop and Hive, but was wondering if a temporary development
standalone Hive server might be available out there?

Normally with coding for a new database in MyJSQLView to support it usually
can be up in a few days, perhaps a week. If we have to put together the
Hadoop configuration I see that time being expanded considerably. If a
database is available its pretty easy to determine if MyJSQLView is going
to have major issues fairly quickly thereby telling us if setting up our
own cluster would be worth it.

danap
MyJSQLView Project Manager
myjsqlview.org