hive-user mailing list archives

From Weishung Chung <weish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive table creation over sequence file
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 05:04:30 GMT
Fellow users,

I created the table as follows using the mapreduce output file

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE mytable (

word string, count int  )
ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t'
STORED AS SEQUENCEFILE
LOCATION 's3://mydata/';

This is what i have in my reduce method, key is of type Text

* output.collect(key, new IntWritable(sum));*

*The exception returned by Hive*

**

*Failed with exception java.io.IOException:java.io.IOException:
s3://mydata/part-00000 not a SequenceFile*
*Thank you so much :)*