hive-user mailing list archives

From Abhishek Pratap Singh <manu.i...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive server concurrency question
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:19:35 GMT
AFAIK hive does not support concurrency however Multiple connection can be
made to HiveServer.
Hive or i should say Hadoop is write once and read multiple architecture.
Hive does not have a build in support for DELETE OR UPDATE.
The inherent architecture of these kind of solution works best when you
don't need Concurrency, Transaction or ACID properties. I have seen
usecases where wrapper to handle transaction is implemented but at the
significant cost of Performance.

Regards,
Abhishek