hive-user mailing list archives

From <carla.stae...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: Hive CLI and Standalone Server : Need Suggestion
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 19:38:50 GMT
Great topic as I was wondering a similar thing this morning...I want to use oozie to execute
my hive job, but I have to pass the job parameters that I generate with a shell script.  Some
of the literature that I've seen says that oozie may or may not allow for calling shell scripts.
 Is that true?

Thanks
Carla

From: ext Bejoy Ks [mailto:bejoy_ks@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 15:34
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hive CLI and Standalone Server : Need Suggestion

Hi LakshmiKanth
        In production systems if you have a sequence of command to be executed pack them in
order in a file. Then execute the command as
hive -f <filename> ;

For simplicity, you can use a cron job to run it in a scheduled manner. Just give this command
in a .sh file call the file in cron. Infact you can use any scheduler that would trigger a
.sh file.

But for hadoop based work flows the preferred workflow manager is oozie and I recommend oozie
for hadoop jobs.

Regrads
Bejoy KS