hive-user mailing list archives

From Chalcy Raja <Chalcy.R...@careerbuilder.com>
Subject RE: sqoop question - could not post- the message came back undeplivered
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:38:09 GMT
Hi Nitin,

I have a hive table. I am trying to sqoop export the data from the hive hdfs location.  I
am not using any array.  And therefore I do not understand why I hit the parameter limit.
 It looks like sqoop exporting kind of merge all the rows. (rows * number of columns >
2100).

Thank you,
Chalcy

From: Nitin Pawar [mailto:nitinpawar432@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:03 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: sqoop question - could not post- the message came back undeplivered

Chalcy,

from sqoop side there is no issue with number of records.

this is the limitation with microsoft sql server. If you have arrays in your records etc,
it might fail.

Others facing the same issue have resolved using this thread on msdn

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adodotnetentityframework/thread/145d6dfa-e523-4046-bafa-1ff0f6557634

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Chalcy Raja <Chalcy.Raja@careerbuilder.com<mailto:Chalcy.Raja@careerbuilder.com>>