hive-user mailing list archives

From Bejoy Ks <bejoy...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: hive & hbase
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 08:50:39 GMT
Hi
     Are you looking out for HiveHbaseStorageHandler? It is meant to map an hbase table
to a hive table so that you can perform SQL like queries on the data in hbase table using
hive as a translator. If that is what you are looking can get the details here
https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/hbaseintegration.html

Further mode If you are looking at getting hbase data completely into hive/hdfs. You need
to create another normal hive table and populate the same from the hive-hbase table using
hive QL. Once you have the data in hive you can do the joins as desired.

Curios query here, AFAIK Hbase doesn't support joins, still how are you maintaining a one
to many relationship there?

Regards

Bejoy.K.S

________________________________
 From: 韶隆吴 <yechen1988@gmail.com>
To: user@hive.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:06 PM
Subject: hive & hbase

Hi all:
  I have two tables(orders,ordersitem) in Hbase and now I want to import them into hive.
  Orders -> Ordersitem is one-to-many,and table ordersitem's keyrow is orderid and column
is
  item:1  info:1  bdinfo:1
  item:2  info:2  bdinfo:2
  to mark the items number.
  My question is how to write the HiveQL to import ordersitem