hive-user mailing list archives

From Bejoy Ks <bejoy...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hive table creation over sequence file
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 12:33:39 GMT
Hi Chung
      What is the OutputFormat of the map reduce job that writes data on to HDFS?

Regards
Bejoy.K.S

________________________________
 From: Weishung Chung <weishung@gmail.com>
To: user@hive.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 10:34 AM
Subject: Re: Hive table creation over sequence file

Fellow users,

I created the table as follows using the mapreduce output file

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE mytable (
word string, count int  )
ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t'
STORED AS SEQUENCEFILE
LOCATION 's3://mydata/';

This is what i have in my reduce method, key is of type Text
 output.collect(key, new IntWritable(sum));
The exception returned by Hive
Failed with exception java.io.IOException:java.io.IOException: s3://mydata/part-00000 not
a SequenceFile
Thank you so much :)

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Wei Shung Chung <weishung@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi users,

>I have a sequence file produced by mapreduce with TEXT, INTWRITABLE key value pair...I
tried to create a external hive table using the file but hive can't read it.