hive-user mailing list archives

From Mark Grover <mgro...@oanda.com>
Subject Re: Not able to create table in hive
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:44:36 GMT
Hi Manish,
Sounds like a problem with your metastore. Can you verify that you have the access and correct
permissions to your metastore?

Mark

OANDA Corporation

www: oanda.com www: fxtrade.com
e: mgrover@oanda.com

"Best Trading Platform" - World Finance's Forex Awards 2009.
"The One to Watch" - Treasury Today's Adam Smith Awards 2009.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Manish.Bhoge" <Manish.Bhoge@target.com>
To: user@hive.apache.org, dev@hive.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:45:26 AM
Subject: Not able to create table in hive

Hi,

I am trying to create a table in Hive using below DDL:

CREATE TABLE pokes (foo INT, bar STRING);

I am getting below error, I have logged in as admin user :

FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOFatalDataStoreException: Cannot get a connection,
pool error Could not create a validated object, cause: A read-only user or a user in a read-only
database is not permitted to disable read-only mode on a connection.

NestedThrowables:

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool error Could not
create a validated object, cause: A read-only user or a user in a read-only database is not
permitted to disable read-only mode on a connection.

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

Any idea?

Thank You,

Manish