hive-user mailing list archives

From Abhishek Parolkar <abhis...@viki.com>
Subject Re: Hive CLI (v0.8.1) -f option returns if even if just single query fails
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 05:29:09 GMT
Hi,
  I have a big list of data to be loaded into hive and I create a .hql file
with all load statements.

Problem number 1.)  This fails with exception in copy files

Failed with exception copyFiles: error while checking/creating destination
directory!!!
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask
Here is what hive.log says (http://pastie.org/private/nxsvlhbunirhtcwscovzug
)

Problem number 2.) even if one among all queries fail it should still go
ahead and execute further queries, is there a way to not exit if the one of
the statement in HQL file has failed?

Is there any other way I could bulk load the data into hive table?

-v_abhi_v