hive-user mailing list archives

From Bhavesh Shah <bhavesh25s...@gmail.com>
Subject How to do updation in Hive?
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:20:33 GMT
Hello all,

I want to update a columns every time. I have table consists of 50 columns.
I am applying such condition so that every time I need to update a column.

I know that Hive doesn't support UPDATE and If I think about using
PARTITION COLUMN so how can I maintain these columns? Is there any way in
Hive which helps me to update in Hive? or Is there any patch file which
helps me to do this? (But I don't know to how apply Patch files in Linux as
I am new to it?)

Please suggest me some solution. I got stuck here and I am not getting what
to do. (I am using hive-0.7.1)

--
Regards,
Bhavesh Shah