hive-user mailing list archives

From Bhavesh Shah <bhavesh25s...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem in creating table in hive
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 07:18:35 GMT
Hello all,

I am trying for sqoop import from SQL Server into Hive.
When I execute sqoop-import command, the problem is that import task gets
completed,
I can see the complete data on HDFS (under
/user/hive/warehouse/table_name_dir)
but when I execute "SHOW TABLES " command in HIve CLI I am not able to see
the table in the list.

(Once I have tried like: after importing the table same thing happened as
above then I run the CREATE TABLE QUERY in Hive CLI taking the same field
as that was in imported one and I was able to see and access the table in
Hive CLI.  But I dont think this is effective way every time I perform).

Pls suggest me some solution
Is there any step I missed out or is there any problem?
I am not getting why it is happening?
Thanks to all

--
Regards,