hive-user mailing list archives

From Manish.Bhoge <Manish.Bh...@target.com>
Subject RE: Not able to create table in hive
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 07:58:18 GMT
Thanks Mark,

I do have an access on metastore as I am login as admin. However when I query through Hue
web interface it is working for me (using User: Guest).

Here is how my hive-site.xml looks like. Is there any property that I need to extend here.

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
  <value>jdbc:derby:;databaseName=/usr/share/hue/metastore_db;create=true</value>
  <description>JDBC connect string for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
  <value>org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver</value>
  <description>Driver class name for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.hwi.war.file</name>
  <value>/usr/lib/hive/lib/hive-hwi-0.7.0-CDH3B4.war</value>
  <description>This is the WAR file with the jsp content for Hive Web Interface</description>
</property>

Thank You,
Manish