hive-user mailing list archives

From "Savant, Keshav" <Keshav.C.Sav...@fisglobal.com>
Subject Hive | HBase Integration
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:28:43 GMT
Hi All,

We did a successful setup of hadoop-0.20.203.0 and hive-0.7.1.

In our next step we are eyeing HBase integration with Hive. As far as we understand from articles
available on internet and apache site, we can use HBase instead of derby as a metastore of
Hive, this gives us more flexibility while handling very large data.

We are using hbase-0.92.0 to integrate it with Hive, till now HBase has been setup and we
can create sample table on it and insert sample data in it, but we are not able to integrate
it with Hive, because when we issue the command to create hive specific table on HBase (below
in box) the command does not executes completely and a new command line is shown with an asterisk
(*), and table does not gets created.

CREATE TABLE hive_hbasetable_k(key int, value string)
STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler'
WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,cf1:val")
TBLPROPERTIES ("hbase.table.name" = "hivehbasek");

Please provide us some pointers (steps to follow) for doing this integration or what we are
not doing correctly. Till now we got these below URLs to do this, any help is appreciated

http://mevivs.wordpress.com/2010/11/24/hivehbase-integration/
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HBaseIntegration

Kind regards,
Keshav C Savant

by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.