hive-user mailing list archives

From Steven Wong <sw...@netflix.com>
Subject FW: Post-gres Hive Metastore
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 19:30:13 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Wilfong [mailto:kevinwilfong@fb.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 10:59 AM
To: dev@hive.apache.org
Subject: Post-gres Hive Metastore

Hello,

Does anyone still use postgres as the Hive metastore SQL backend?

I'm in the process of writing scripts to upgrade the metastore schema as part of

I noticed that the postgres metastore upgrade scripts are missing the script for HIVE-2246.
 This patch added a new table COLUMNS_V2 and completely rearranged the way column information
is stored in the metastore.  Without this  change, I don't know how anyone could continue
to use postgres for Hive after upgrading to HIVE-2246.

Thanks,
Kevin Wilfong