hive-user mailing list archives

From Ronak Bhatt <ronakb...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about various logins...
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 21:00:21 GMT
Hi -

I'm from relational background where there is capability of,

1. Creating various schema - to logically group related entities
2. Creating various users with privileges - to have better control of who
(user) can do what (DML, DDL , access to data) and how much (can consume
limited resources )

I want to ask this group - how can I achieve the above functionality in
Hadoop-Hive set up. I want to create 5 users, each with its own space to go
wild with data (but limiting the storage that they can use for example 400
gb for each user)....I also wan to create different schema e.g. web
analytics , customer, product etc...

pointers will be greatly apprecaited

-ronak

*