hive-user mailing list archives

From Roberto Congiu <roberto.con...@openx.com>
Subject hiveserver not picking up the files in HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 01:26:38 GMT
Hey guys,

I ran into a quite annoying issue. I have some jars in
HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH that include some serdes and UDF.
They work fine from CLI, but when I run the same queries through
hiveserver (submitting them through thrift) I get errors on the
tasktrackers, even though:
- I specify the HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH environment and --auxpath when starting
- I even added the files in explicitly in the query with: add file
/path/serde.jar;

I know I can make it work adding the jar to all the nodes' classpath
but I'd rather not do that. Anybody else running into this issue ?

Has anybody got a SerDe working in the auxiliary lib without having to
manually distribute it to the whole cluster in jobs submitted through
hiveserver ?

Thanks,
Roberto