hive-user mailing list archives

From Dalia Sobhy <dalia.mohso...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Questions
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:19:36 GMT

Hey Vikas,
I want to develop a medical API ...
I want to ask whether Hive Hbase Integration performance is good or not, because I found that
Hive queries are faster according to some blogs..
Finally, is there any tutorials using Java API of Hive and Hbase???
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 13:36:30 +0530
Subject: Re: Questions
From: hadoophive@gmail.com
To: user@hive.apache.org

hey
Dalia ,
A: both are good its up to u what kinda data you are processing through them, for many row
and billions of col you can you Hbase and if you need to update data on regular basis then
u can you hbase,  for hive you can store data and easy to use as SQL , easy fetching and all.
for more you can read tutorials on net
hive:- https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStartedHbase:-  http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449396107/index.html

Hive thrift API: provides you to access hdfs through many language like python ,ruby, java
and other. its fast and well to used
regardsVikas Srivastava