hive-user mailing list archives

From "Tucker, Matt" <Matt.Tuc...@disney.com>
Subject Re: How to calculate count of quarter wise record in Hive?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 13:06:39 GMT
What does your table definition look like? You should be able to replace 'quarter' with the
real column name, and then try executing the query.

On Jan 10, 2012, at 2:01 AM, "Bhavesh Shah" <bhavesh25shah@gmail.com<mailto:bhavesh25shah@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Thanks Aniket for the reply.

But when I try this I got the error:

hive> select quarter, count(*) from subset group by quarter;
FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Line 1:46 Invalid table alias or column reference quarter

Is there any mistake in query.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Aniket Mokashi <aniket486@gmail.com<mailto:aniket486@gmail.com>>