hive-user mailing list archives

From <Ian.Mey...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject RE: Error in running hive query
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 09:59:10 GMT
I don't appear to be getting any! It doesn't appear to be able to speak to the task tracker
to create one in the first place. The full trace I get is listed again below. Being new to
Hive, I don't know how to configure a hive log directory.

Ian

hive> select count(9) from currency_dim;
Total MapReduce jobs = 1
Launching Job 1 out of 1
Number of reduce tasks determined at compile time: 1
In order to change the average load for a reducer (in bytes):
  set hive.exec.reducers.bytes.per.reducer=<number>
In order to limit the maximum number of reducers:
  set hive.exec.reducers.max=<number>
In order to set a constant number of reducers:
  set mapred.reduce.tasks=<number>
java.io.IOException: Call to ldndsr36257/10.65.31.71:50030 failed on local exception: java.io.EOFException
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.wrapException(Client.java:1065)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.$Proxy8.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:364)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.createRPCProxy(JobClient.java:460)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.init(JobClient.java:454)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.<init>(JobClient.java:437)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver.execute(ExecDriver.java:435)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask.execute(MapRedTask.java:136)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:133)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:57)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(Driver.java:1332)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:1123)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:931)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLocalCmd(CliDriver.java:255)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(CliDriver.java:212)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:403)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:671)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:554)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:375)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.receiveResponse(Client.java:774)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.run(Client.java:712)
Job Submission failed with exception 'java.io.IOException(Call to ldndsr36257/10.65.31.71:50030
failed on local exception: java.io.EOFException)'