hive-user mailing list archives

From "Lu, Wei" <...@microstrategy.com>
Subject An Issue in org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe (All versions affacted)
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 06:52:50 GMT
Hi there,

Codes highlighted below may have some problem. SERIALIZATION_FORMAT should be FIELD_DELIM.
In file: org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe

  public static SerDeParameters initSerdeParams(Configuration job,
      Properties tbl, String serdeName) throws SerDeException {
    SerDeParameters serdeParams = new SerDeParameters();
    // Read the separators: We use 8 levels of separators by default, but we
    // should change this when we allow users to specify more than 10 levels
    // of separators through DDL.
    serdeParams.separators = new byte[8];
    serdeParams.separators[0] = getByte(tbl.getProperty(Constants.FIELD_DELIM,
        tbl.getProperty(Constants.SERIALIZATION_FORMAT)), DefaultSeparators[0]);

Regards,
Wei