hive-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Schramm \(tetrascend\)" <>
Subject Is there a way to track Hive jobs
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 18:23:56 GMT

I would like to be able to submit Hive queries/jobs and track their progress
(from a Java App).  For example, I would like to submit a hive sql command
string as a job, returning a job-ID and to be able query the hive server for
status of jobs (e.g. queued, completed, executing hadoop job 2 of 4, etc.).

The available APIs (JDBC, Thrift, hive shell) are all synchronous and just
block until completion.

Question: Am I missing a way to do this or off base in how I should be using
Hive?  Are there plans to add such capabilities to Hive in the future?

View raw message