hive-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ankit Jain <ankitjainc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive-Hbase integration require Hbase in Pseudo distributed??
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 12:19:11 GMT
Hi,

have you used following command to start the hive shell.

$HIVE_HOME/bin/hive --auxpath
$HIVE_HOME/lib/hive-hbase-handler-*.jar,$HIVE_HOME/lib/hbase-*.jar,$HIVE_HOME/lib/zookeeper-*.jar
-hiveconf hbase.master=127.0.0.1:60000

If no then used above command.
Regards,
Ankit

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Alok Kumar <alokawi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> // Hadoop core-site.xml
> <configuration>
>     <property>
>         <name>fs.default.name</name>
>         <value>hdfs://localhost:9000</value>
>     </property>
>     <property>
>         <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
>         <value>/home/alokkumar/hadoop/tmp</value>
>     </property>
>  </configuration>
>
> // hbase-site.xml
> <configuration>
>     <property>
>             <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
>        <!--    <value>hdfs://localhost:9000/hbase</value>-->
>         <value>file:///home/alokkumar/hbase/</value>
>     </property>
> </configuration>
>
> with these conf Hbase/Hive are runnning independently file..
> hbase(main):003:0> status
> 1 servers, 0 dead, 4.0000 average load
>
> but i'm stil getting $hive> CREATE TABLE hbase_table_1(key int, value
> string)
>     > STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler'
>     > WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,cf1:val");
> FAILED: Error in metadata:
> MetaException(message:org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException:
> localhost:45966
>
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getMaster(HConnectionManager.java:394)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.<init>(HBaseAdmin.java:83)
>
> Regards,
> Alok
>
>
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Ankit Jain <ankitjaincs06@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> HI,
>>
>> Can you post the Hbase-site.xml and hadoop core-site.xml properties here.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ankit
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Alok Kumar <alokawi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ankit,
>>>
>>> you were right, my Hbase shell/HMaster was not running though it was
>>> coming in jps :)
>>>
>>> nw i've run my HMaster n Hbase shell is up.. n getting this error--
>>> Do I need zookeeper configured in standalone mode?
>>>
>>> hive> CREATE TABLE hbase_table_1(key int, value string)
>>>     > STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler'
>>>     > WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,cf1:val")
>>>     > TBLPROPERTIES ("hbase.table.name" = "xyz");
>>>
>>> FAILED: Error in metadata:
>>> MetaException(message:org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException:
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException:
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
>>> KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getZooKeeperWatcher(HConnectionManager.java:985)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.setupZookeeperTrackers(HConnectionManager.java:301)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.<init>(HConnectionManager.java:292)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager.getConnection(HConnectionManager.java:155)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.<init>(HBaseAdmin.java:79)
>>>
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler.getHBaseAdmin(HBaseStorageHandler.java:74)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler.preCreateTable(HBaseStorageHandler.java:158)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.createTable(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:375)
>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createTable(Hive.java:540)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.createTable(DDLTask.java:3473)
>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.execute(DDLTask.java:225)
>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:133)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:57)
>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(Driver.java:1332)
>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:1123)
>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:931)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLocalCmd(CliDriver.java:255)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(CliDriver.java:212)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:403)
>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:671)
>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:554)
>>>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>     at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>     at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)
>>> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException:
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
>>> KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWatcher.<init>(ZooKeeperWatcher.java:147)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getZooKeeperWatcher(HConnectionManager.java:983)
>>>     ... 25 more
>>> Caused by: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
>>> KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:90)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:42)
>>>     at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.create(ZooKeeper.java:637)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.createAndFailSilent(ZKUtil.java:886)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWatcher.<init>(ZooKeeperWatcher.java:133)
>>>     ... 26 more
>>>
>>> )
>>> FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
>>>
>>>
>>> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Ankit Jain <ankitjaincs06@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>
>>>> I think your hbase master is not running.
>>>>
>>>> Open the hive shell and run command :
>>>> hbase> status
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Alok Kumar <alokawi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> Does Hive-Hbase integration require Hbase running in
>>>>> pseudo-distributed mode?
>>>>>
>>>>> I've build my Hadoop following this article
>>>>> http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2011/04/14/building-an-hadoop-0-20-x-version-for-hbase-0-90-2/
>>>>> and  have already replaced Hbase jar files accordingly..
>>>>>
>>>>> I'm getting this error..
>>>>>
>>>>> hive> !jps;
>>>>> 5469 Jps
>>>>> 4128 JobTracker
>>>>> 3371 Main
>>>>> 4346 TaskTracker
>>>>> 5330 RunJar
>>>>> 4059 SecondaryNameNode
>>>>> 8350 NameNode
>>>>> 3841 DataNode
>>>>> 3244 HMaster
>>>>> hive> create table hbase_table_1(key int, value string) stored by
>>>>> 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler' with
>>>>> serdeproperties("hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,cf1:val") tblproperties
("
>>>>> hbase.table.name" = "xyz");
>>>>>
>>>>> FAILED: Error in metadata:
>>>>> MetaException(message:org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException:
>>>>> localhost:56848
>>>>>     at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getMaster(HConnectionManager.java:394)
>>>>>     at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.<init>(HBaseAdmin.java:83)
>>>>>     at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler.getHBaseAdmin(HBaseStorageHandler.java:74)
>>>>>     at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler.preCreateTable(HBaseStorageHandler.java:158)
>>>>>     at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.createTable(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:375)
>>>>>     at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createTable(Hive.java:540)
>>>>>     at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.createTable(DDLTask.java:3473)
>>>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.execute(DDLTask.java:225)
>>>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:133)
>>>>>     at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:57)
>>>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(Driver.java:1332)
>>>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:1123)
>>>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:931)
>>>>>     at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLocalCmd(CliDriver.java:255)
>>>>>     at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(CliDriver.java:212)
>>>>>     at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:403)
>>>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:671)
>>>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:554)
>>>>>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>>>     at
>>>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>>>     at
>>>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>>>>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>>>>     at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)
>>>>> )
>>>>> FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
>>>>>
>>>>> where i shuld look for fixing "*message:org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException:
>>>>> localhost:56848*" ..?
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> regards
>>>>> Alok Kumar
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> --
>>> Alok
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message