hive-user mailing list archives

From <mdefoinplatel....@orange.com>
Subject Getting a NULL from a MAP operation
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 12:46:18 GMT
Dear all ,
I am trying to process some web log data and one of the steps consists in parsing a string
to extract the relevant fields.
So I am using a FROM ... MAP... USING ... statement calling a python script.

My problem is that the returned fields may not exist in the original string and therefore
I would like to insert NULL into the HIVE table. I have tried to make python return the strings
'NULL' or 'null' or 'None' or '' but none of them are recognized by HIVE as NULL (which after
all seems pretty reasonable to me).

Could you tell me please what could be the way to go ?

Thanks,
Michael

et ne doivent donc pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez
recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les
pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration, France Telecom
- Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci

be protected by law; they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorization.
and its attachments. As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange shall not be liable
if this message was modified, changed or falsified. Thank you.