hive-user mailing list archives

From Aditya Kumar <adityakumar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hive Basic question
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 05:56:29 GMT
no luck..

here is the Error I am getting:

hive>
    > CREATE TABLE hbase_table_1(key int, event string)
    > STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler'
    > WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,cf1:val")
    > TBLPROPERTIES ("hbase.table.name" = 'USER_DETAILS');
FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:Table USER_DETAILS already exists within
HBase; use CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE instead to register it in Hive.)
FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.

I dont want to create a external table ..but to access the data from hbase