hive-user mailing list archives

From <mdefoinplatel....@orange.com>
Subject Managing resources from the Thrift client
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:46:32 GMT
Hi all,
I just found that before calling a  "MAP ... FROM ... USING resource" command , the resource
need first to be added to every machine in the cluster. Actually this makes perfect sense
to me but I thought naively that Hive could do this automatically for me...

Anyway, I found in the documentation that the commands "ADD", "LIST" and "DELETE" are there
to help managing the resources from the command line but I don't know how to do it  from the
Thrift client.

Any idea ?

Cheers,
Michael

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler
susceptibles d'alteration,
France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou
falsifie. Merci

be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorization.
and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange shall not be liable if this message was
modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.