hive-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Godfrey <>
Subject Hive: Issue with JOIN on tables in a database namespace
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 04:44:17 GMT
Hey everyone,

I'm having issues trying to execute a simple join on two tables that are in
the same database namespace. I'm trying to following:

SELECT namespace.table1.* FROM namespace.table1 JOIN namespace.table2 ON
(namespace.table1.field1 = namespace.table2.field2);

If I move the tables outside of the database namespace, I can perform the
join just fine.

Is it not possible to join tables within a database? Or am I missing

C. Daniel Godfrey

-4th Year Software Engineering Student at the University of Ottawa

View raw message