hive-user mailing list archives

From Aditya Singh30 <Aditya_Sing...@infosys.com>
Subject FW: Mysql metastore configuration error.
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:43:58 GMT
Hi,
                I tried some more things :

I created a new table with same structure as table abcd as follows:
hive> create table abcdfinal(ab int, cd string) row format delimited fields terminated
by '#' stored as rcfile;

and then loaded the data into this new table by selecting * from old table abcd:
hive> insert overwrite table abcdfinal select * from abcd;

This also results in the same error as the "select ab from abcd" and "select * from abcd where
cd='aa'".
The command  "select * from abcd" was working file alone. But with the insert command it also
gives error. The error on the jobtracker UI is also same,"NoSuchElementFound".

What I got from all this is whatever be the query, if hive creates map-reduce job for it,
it results in exception. If it is not being executed as map reduce jobs, for e.g. select *
from abcd, show tables, describe abcd, then it works fine.

What am I doing wrong.

Thanks,
Aditya
From: Aditya Singh30
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:03 PM
To: 'user@hive.apache.org'
Cc: 'Sriram Krishnan'
Subject: RE: Mysql metastore configuration error.

I checked the TBLS table. It contains an entry for abcd.
About Hadoop only jobs. Yes I ran examples provided with Hadoop which don't use hive at all.
They ran fine, I checked their output also.

I tried executing "select ab from abcd" on hive CLI and checked the job tracker UI. There
were 2 failed map jobs giving the following error:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.NoSuchElementException
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Utilities.getMapRedWork(Utilities.java:192)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.init(HiveInputFormat.java:249)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.getRecordReader(HiveInputFormat.java:222)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:338)
Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException
        at java.util.Vector.lastElement(Vector.java:456)
        at com.sun.beans.ObjectHandler.lastExp(ObjectHandler.java:134)
        at com.sun.beans.ObjectHandler.dequeueResult(ObjectHandler.java:138)
        at java.beans.XMLDecoder.readObject(XMLDecoder.java:201)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Utilities.deserializeMapRedWork(Utilities.java:462)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Utilities.getMapRedWork(Utilities.java:184)
        ... 5 more

And there were no reduce jobs executed. This is the same error I got when I was using hive
derby for metastore. I have checked for any Lower-Uppercase typos or spelling mistakes in
the column name or table name. They are all ok.
One more thing I need to ask. Is the connection string (jdbc:mysql://master:3306/metastore","hiveuser","hiveuser")
correct. I mean you said that the metastore db doesn't contain the tables directly. And here
we are specifying to use the metastore DB. What should be the connection string if I want
to access the table abcd via a java program.
I tried TBLS.abcd instead of abcd in the query I was executing in the java program. It gave
the following error:
Exception in thread "main" com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: SELECT
command denied to user 'hiveuser'@'slave' for table 'abcd'

I checked the permissions for hiveuser on metastore DB, re-run the command "GRANT ALL ON metastore.*
TO 'hiveuser'@'%';", but still when I run the java program it gives the same error.
Does this points to anything.

Regards,
Aditya