hive-user mailing list archives

From Aditya Singh30 <Aditya_Sing...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 04:55:19 GMT
Hi,
                I am curious that if the 'value', for which we are looking for in a column,
doesn't exist, doesn't hive tells 'no data found matching the criteria' or something like
that, rather than returning an error.

From: Vikas Srivastava [mailto:vikas.srivastava@one97.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 6:29 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver

hey Aditya!!

col values is case sensitive so u have to put exact value .

select * from table where col_name='EXACT_VALUE'

regards
Vikas Srivastava
On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Aditya Singh30 <Aditya_Singh30@infosys.com<mailto:Aditya_Singh30@infosys.com>>
wrote:
Hi,
                I have setup a two node hadoop cluster, and tested it by running examples
provided with Hadoop. Examples are working fine. then I tried to run hive on the cluster.
I was able to create tables and load data into tables. And also the query : "select * from
tablename" is working fine. But when I try to run a query with where option :
                hive> select * from tablename where column_name='Value';
I get the following error

Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver

The jobdetails.jsp shows the following:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.NoSuchElementException

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Utilities.getMapRedWork(Utilities.
java:168)

at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.init(HiveInputFormat.java:235)

at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.initColumnsNeeded(HiveInputForm
at.java:311)..............

I am using hive's derby only and not MySQL or any other DB for metastore. And most of the
settings are having their default values in Hadoop, except for the minimum changes needed
to run the cluster. There is no hive-site.xml as I haven't changed any of the hive's properties.
Please tell me what is wrong and what do I need to do.

Regards,
Aditya Singh
Infosys, India.

Infosys e-mail system.