hive-user mailing list archives

From Aditya Singh30 <Aditya_Sing...@infosys.com>
Subject Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:47:08 GMT
Hi,
                I have setup a two node hadoop cluster, and tested it by running examples
provided with Hadoop. Examples are working fine. then I tried to run hive on the cluster.
I was able to create tables and load data into tables. And also the query : "select * from
tablename" is working fine. But when I try to run a query with where option :
                hive> select * from tablename where column_name='Value';
I get the following error

Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver

The jobdetails.jsp shows the following:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.NoSuchElementException

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Utilities.getMapRedWork(Utilities.
java:168)

at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.init(HiveInputFormat.java:235)

at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.initColumnsNeeded(HiveInputForm

I am using hive's derby only and not MySQL or any other DB for metastore. And most of the
settings are having their default values in Hadoop, except for the minimum changes needed
to run the cluster. There is no hive-site.xml as I haven't changed any of the hive's properties.
Please tell me what is wrong and what do I need to do.

Regards,
Aditya Singh
Infosys, India.

Infosys e-mail system.