hive-user mailing list archives

From "Ibrahim Acet" <ibrahim.a...@widas.de>
Subject How to trigger an query
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 07:41:21 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if there is an option to trigger queries. I use cloudera
CDH3.

I have tables in Hive which have textiles as input. I use Pentaho Data
Integrator for ETL -

I have to "clean" and export the data from a MongoDB as txt to hdfs.

So basically I create for the new data a new text file which I copy to the
right hdfs directory which is linked with my hive table. The table content
is automatically updated and I have to perform a query with the new data.
Is there a way that I can trigger - as soon I get new data - a sql query
(in form of a script or so) ?

Thx in advance

Ibo