hive-user mailing list archives

From John Sichi <jsi...@fb.com>
Subject Re: testing out Phabricator for code review
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 05:49:03 GMT
I've put up instructions for how anyone can start using Phabricator for code review:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/PhabricatorCodeReview

We've tested out the git workflows; still working on svn.

Feedback on how it works for you, anything you noticed missing, etc is appreciated.

JVS

On Oct 20, 2011, at 2:00 PM,  wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Earlier this year, Facebook released a bunch of its code browsing/review tools as a new
(and independent) open source project called Phabricator:

> http://phabricator.org/
>
> We're currently experimenting with using it for improving the developer experience when
contributing and reviewing Hive and HBase patches.  (Also for eliminating committer confusion
from different patch versions submitted to Review Board and JIRA, something which has bitten
us a few times already.)

> You may notice some of this activity showing up in JIRA, e.g.

> I'll be sending out a lot more info once we've finished some of the setup and validation,
but I just wanted to send out a heads-up for those who are already familiar with using the
existing Review Board setup.  Once validation is done, we'll publish instructions so that
everyone can test it out for themselves as a potential alternative to Review Board.