hive-user mailing list archives

From Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>
Subject Do some basic operations on my hive warehouse from java
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 21:18:36 GMT
I have the need to do some cleanup on my hive warehouse from java, such as
deleting tables (both in metastore and the files on hdfs)

I found out how to do this using remote connection:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveClient connects to a hive server with
only a few lines of code, and it provides simple java methods such a
drop_table to do my tasks. Neat!

But how do i archieve the same result if i do not want a remote connection
via hive server, but instead i want to use a direct connection?

Thanks! Koert