hive-user mailing list archives

From Sriram Krishnan <skrish...@netflix.com>
Subject Re: Problem With HDFS USERS using JDBC
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:16:24 GMT
I had asked a similar question earlier - http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hive-user/201110.mbox/%3CCAB13A97.2C54%25skrishnan@netflix.com%3E.

But I didn't get any responses. This may be a limitation of Hive JDBC. I would also be curious
to know if there is a solution to this.

Thanks,
Sriram

From: Gabriel Eisbruch <gabrieleisbruch@gmail.com<mailto:gabrieleisbruch@gmail.com>>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 05:09:15 -0700
To: "user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>" <user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Problem With HDFS USERS using JDBC

Really My problem it's a little different, we have created all users that we need, but we
can't set this users using jdbc, our system user it's different that we need to use to connect
to hive, so when we try to do a LOAD action we saw that hive server try to use the user HIVE
instead of the user that we try to use

Thanks,
Gabriel