hive-user mailing list archives

From Tony Burton <TBur...@SportingIndex.com>
Subject RE: UnixODBC and Hive setup
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 17:02:33 GMT
Hi Ashutosh

Thanks for the speedy reply! I found the contrib/fb303 easily enough - the bootstrap.sh and
configure are fine, but the make fails with:

/usr/local/include/thrift/transport/TTransport.h: error: 'unit32_t' does not name a type

Is there a quick fix for this? Thanks!

Tony

From: Ashutosh Chauhan [mailto:hashutosh@apache.org]
Sent: 26 October 2011 17:27
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: UnixODBC and Hive setup

>> When I run the ant build, it fails because it can't find header file fb303_types.h.
Any idea where this file should come from?

You need to build fb303 for this. Go to the dir where you untarred thrift tar ball. Then,
cd contrib/fb303 . Then ./bootstrap.sh && configure && make && make
install. Bit more instructions are there in README in same dir.

Hope it helps,
Ashutosh
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 09:05, Tony Burton <TBurton@sportingindex.com<mailto:TBurton@sportingindex.com>>