hive-user mailing list archives

From "vikas srivastava" <vikas.srivast...@one97.net>
Subject problem in hive to access metadata
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 09:03:49 GMT
Hey Folks,

I m using hive 0.7 and hardtop 0.20.2 I just configured a new server and
installed hardtop then hive and grant all permissions to this server, so
that it can access metadata from Name node, but now watt happening is its
not able to run any query,

I can create table but cant read those table which are already present in
metadata. I m not sure that it can making or access connection with name
node.

I m stuck please help .

hive> desk vodafone_obd;
Failed with exception null
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

hive> select * from  vodafone_obd;
FAILED: Hive Internal Error: java.lang.NullPointerException(null)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Table.checkValidity(Table.java:162)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getTable(Hive.java:888)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getTable(Hive.java:789)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.SemanticAnalyzer.getMetaData(SemanticAnalyze
r.java:904)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.SemanticAnalyzer.analyzeInternal(SemanticAna
lyzer.java:7236)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.BaseSemanticAnalyzer.analyze(BaseSemanticAna
lyzer.java:242)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:429)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:336)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:884)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLocalCmd(CliDriver.java:253)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(CliDriver.java:210)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:401)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:669)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:552)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)