hive-user mailing list archives

From Steven Wong <sw...@netflix.com>
Subject RE: HiveDerbyServerMode
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 23:43:55 GMT
I don't have experience with this setup, but apparently the page you're looking for has moved
to https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveDerbyServerMode.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Kennedy [mailto:stinkymatt@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 9:17 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: HiveDerbyServerMode

I'd like to set up the Hive metastore such that I'm running "hive
--service hiveserver" which itself would use an embedded Derby
database. Then my hive clients would connect to the remote metastore.
In searching this mailing list, I have come across a number of links
to http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HiveDerbyServerMode which does not
appear to exist anymore.

Has that page been removed because what I'm trying to attempt is a bad
idea? Or does somebody have alternative instructions for that
configuration.  I've read:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/AdminManual/MetastoreAdmin but it
doesn't specifically cover the case I'm asking about.

Thanks,
Matt