hive-user mailing list archives

From Chalcy Raja <>
Subject RE: Organizing a Hive Meetup for Hadoop World NYC
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 17:31:53 GMT
There is a sqoop user group meet on the 7th which I am planning to attend.  I am really interested
in hive group meet up.  I have the same question as Bennie and if yes when?

Thank you,

From: Bennie Schut []
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: Organizing a Hive Meetup for Hadoop World NYC

I'll be at hadoop world. Is the hive meetup still happening?

On 08/29/2011 10:03 PM, Carl Steinbach wrote:
Hi Ed,

This is a one-time event targeted at Hadoop World attendees, though
others are welcome to attend as well.

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Edward Capriolo <<>>

Do you mean a one time Hive meetup or do you mean a recurring one?

I ask because the hadoop-nyc meetup is slowing down alot.
So supporting a hadoop and specific hive meetup seem difficult.

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Carl Steinbach <<>>

Dear Hive users,

Hadoop World 2011 ( will be held November 8th
and 9th in NYC. This year we're also planning to organize a Hive Meetup.
These events are a good place for users to interact with each other
and with the Hive development team.

In order to help with organization, I set up a form with a few
questions about what kind of meetup the community wants, and which
evening is best:

Please fill this out, and feel free to contact me directly if you have
any questions.

View raw message