hive-user mailing list archives

From Koert Kuipers <>
Subject Hive thrift interface and user permissions / user auditing
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 15:22:05 GMT
When i run a query from the hive command line client i can see that it is
being run as me (for example, in HDFS log i see INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.audit: ugi=koert).

But when i do anything with the thrift interface my username is lost (i see
ugi=thrift in HDFS logs). Is there a way in the thrift interface to
communicate/preserve the username?
And if this is possible in thrift, then what about jdbc? i tried creating a
jdbc connection with username and password passed in but as far as i can see
it is ignored (ugi=thrift again in the HDFS logs).

View raw message